NDA Syllabus 2017
The Union Public Service Commission has previously notified those interested aspirants who come under the eligibility criteria by discharging a notification regarding NDA Syllabus 2017 by means of its Official Website (check the official website at the bottom of this page). The aspirants who are going to appear or take part in the exam are suggested to check the UPSC NDA NA I & II Exam Pattern 2017 with the help of this Web Portal because we are providing you the detailed info of this matter which will help you prepare very well for the examination.
The Union Public Service Commission is all set to commence examination process which if the aspirants qualify they will get a chance to get admission to Army Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA and for Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC). The NDA is an entrance exam which is held by twice in a year by the UPSC. The main purpose of the commission to organize this examination is to appoint the aspirants to Army, Navy and Air Force wings. Check the UPSC NDA NA I & II Exam Pattern 2017.
Information on NDA Syllabus 2017
Declaration Type: NDA Syllabus 2017
Exam Date: Declare Soon
Exam Type: National Defence Academy Examination
Official Web Link: www.upsc.gov.in
Check the exam pattern from the following paragraph:
NDA Exam Pattern:
|Mathematics||2 hours and 30 minutes||300|
|General Ability Test||2 hours and 30 minutes||600|
NDA Syllabus 2017:
The National Defence Academy Syllabus contains some subjects that the aspirants have to go through which are well shown at the following section. Please consider them.
NDA Mathematics Syllabus:
The aspirants can check the detailed mathematics syllabus from here:
- Concept of a set
- operations on sets
- Venn diagrams. De Morgan laws
- Cartesian product relation
- equivalence relation
- Representation of real numbers on a line
- Complex numbers – basic properties
- modulus argument
- Cube roots of unity
- Binary system of numbers
- Conversion of a number in decimal system to binary system and vice-versa.
- Geometric and Harmonic progressions
- Quadratic equations with real coefficients
- Solution of linear inequations of two variables by graphs
- Permutation and Combination
- Binomial theorem and its application
- Logarithms and their applications.
Matrices and Determinants:
- Types of matrices
- Operations on matrices
- Determinant of a matrix
- Basic properties of determinants
- Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix
- Applications – Solution of a system of linear equations in two or three unknowns by Cramer’s rule and by Matrix Method.
- Angles and their measures in degrees and in radians
- Trigonometrical ratios
- Trigonometric identities Sum and difference formulae
- Multiple and Sub-multiple angles
- Inverse trigonometric functions
- Applications – Height and distance
- Properties of triangles.
Analytical Geometry of two and three dimensions:
- Rectangular Cartesian Coordinate system
- Distance formula
- Equation of a line in various forms
- Angle between two lines
- Distance of a point from a line
- Equation of a circle in standard and in general form
- Standard forms of parabola
- Ellipse and hyperbola
- Eccentricity and axis of a conic
- Concept of a real valued function – domain
- Range and graph of a function
- Composite functions
- Derivative of function at a point
- Derivatives of sum
- Product and quotient of functions
- Derivative of a function with respect of another function
- Derivative of a composite function
- Second order derivatives
- Increasing and decreasing functions
- Application of derivatives in problems of maxima and minima.
Integral Calculus and Differential Equations:
- Integration as inverse of differentiation
- Integration by substitution and by parts
- Standard integrals involving algebraic expressions
- Exponential and hyperbolic functions
- General and particular solution of a differential equation
- Vectors in two and three dimensions
- Magnitude and direction of a vector
- Unit and null vectors addition of vectors
- Scalar multiplication of vector
Statistics and Probability:
- Statistics: Classification of data
- Frequency distribution
- Cumulative frequency distribution – examples
- Graphical representation – Histogram
- Pie Chart
- Frequency Polygon – examples
- Measures of Central tendency – Mean Median and Mode
- Variance and standard deviation – determination and comparison
- Correlation and regression
- Random experiment
- Outcomes and associated sample space
- Mutually exclusive and exhaustive events
- Impossible and certain events
- Union and Intersection of events
- elementary and composite events
- Conditional probability
- Bayes’ theorem – simple problems
- Random variable as function on a sample space
- Binomial distribution
- Examples of random experiments giving rise to Binominal distribution.
NDA General Ability Test Syllabus:
We have also given the General Ability Test Syllabus, check out from the following.
Part A – English
- Grammar and usage
- Comprehension and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English.
Part B – General Knowledge
- General Science
- Social Studies
- Current Events.
Section A: Physics:
Physical Properties and States of Matter
- Specific Gravity
- Principle of Archimedes
- Pressure Barometer.
- Motion of objects
- Velocity and Acceleration
- Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Force and Momentum
- Parallelogram of Forces
- Stability and Equilibrium of bodies
- elementary ideas of work
- Power and Energy.
- Effects of Heat
- Measurement of temperature and heat
- change of State and Latent Heat
- Modes of transference of Heat.
- Sound waves and their properties
- Simple musical instruments.
- Rectilinear propagation of Light
- Reflection and refraction.
- Spherical mirrors and Lenses.
- Human Eye.
- Natural and Artificial Magnets
- Properties of a Magnet
- Earth as a Magnet.
- Static and Current Electricity
- conductors and Non-conductors
- Ohm’s Law Simple Electrical Circuits
- Lighting and Magnetic effects of Current
- Measurement of Electrical Power
- Primary and Secondary Cells
- Use of X-Rays.
Section B: Chemistry
- Physical and Chemical changes.
- Elements Mixtures and Compounds Symbols Formulae
- simple Chemical Equations Law of Chemical Combination ( excluding problems ).
- Properties of Air and Water.
- Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen Oxygen Nitrogen and Carbondioxide Oxidation and Reduction.
- Acids bases and salts.
- Carbon – different forms.
- Fertilizers – Natural and Artificial
- Material used in the preparation of substances like soap Glass Ink Paper Cement Paints Safety Matches and Gun-Powder.
- Elementary ideas about the Structure of Atom Atomic Equivalent and Molecular Weights Valency.
Section C: General Science
- Difference between the living and non-living.
- Basis of Life – Cells Protoplasms and Tissues.
- Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals.
- Elementary knowledge of human Body and its important organs.
- Common Epidemics their causes and prevention.
- Food – Source of Energy for man. Constituents of food Balanced Diet.
- The Solar System – Meteors and Comets Eclipses.
- Achievements of Eminent Scientists.
Section D: History Freedom Movement etc.
- Broad survey of Indian History with emphasis on Culture and Civilisation.
- Freedom Movement in India.
- Elementary study of Indian Constitution and Administration.
- Elementary knowledge of Five Year Plans of India.
- Panchayati Raj Co-operatives and Community Development.
- Bhoodan Sarvodaya National Integration and Welfare State Basic Teachings of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Forces shaping the modern world
- Renaissance Exploration and Discovery
- War of American Independence
- French Revolution Industrial Revolution and Russian Revolution.
- Impact of Science and Technology on Society.
- Concept of one World United Nations Panchsheel Democracy.
- Socialism and Communism.
- Role of India in the present world.
Section E: Geography
- Earth its shape and size.
- Latitudes and Longitudes Concept of time.
- International Date Line.
- Movements of Earth and their effects.
- Origin of Earth.
- Rocks and their classification
- Mechanical and Chemical Earthquakes and volcanoes.
- Ocean Currents and Tides
- Atmosphere and its composition;
- Temperature and Atmospheric Pressure Planetary Winds cyclones and Anti-cyclones;
- Condensation and Precipitation
- Types of Climate.
- Major Natural regions of the World.
- Regional Geography of India
- Climate Natural vegetation.
- Mineral and Power resources
- Location and distribution of agricultural and industrial activities.
- Important Sea ports and main sea land and air routes of India.
- Main items of Imports and Exports of India.
Section F: Current Events
- Knowledge of Important events that have happened in India in the recent years.
- Current important world events.
- Prominent personalities – both Indian and International including those connected with cultural activities and sports.
The aspirants for more information regarding NDA Syllabus 2017 are requested to check the Official Website.
The aspirants have to go through the Official Web Portal for more info.